With Dr. Morgan Francis
Do you struggle with postpartum body acceptance? I know I have. Many women struggle with comparing their postpartum bodies to their pre baby bods. After three boys in three and a half years, a tummy full of stretch marks and a pelvis that doesn’t quite function the way it used to, I’ve had to relearn how to love parts of my body that seem foreign.
With over 20 years in the mental health field, Dr. Francis is a Licensed Professional Counselor with a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology. She is the founder and owner of Scottsdale Premier Counseling, a private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona providing individual, couples and group therapy. She specializes in the treatment of Body Image and Eating Disorders, Self Empowerment, Sexual Compulsive Behavior, Mood Disorders, Relationships, and Trauma.
Today, Dr. Morgan Francis joins this episode to help us better understand body image and how we can learn to embrace our bodies. She explains that our value doesn’t come from our physical appearance and that there are ways we can learn to truly love and accept our body the way that it is in this very moment.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- About Dr. Morgan’s story and how she came to specializes in body image and eating disorders.
- What body image is and how it develops
- Understanding body trust and how to develop it
- How to start to love and embrace your body
CONNECT WITH ERICA
- Erica | Happy as a Mother Website
- Happy as a Mother on IG
- Happy as a Mother on FB
- Happy as a Mother on Pinterest
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org