With Psychologist Dr. Ashurina Ream
Do you experience mommy rage? Do you ever lose it on the kids or your spouse and wonder when/how your fuse has become so short? Listen in as Dr. Ashurina Ream of Psyched Mommy shares why mothers experience mommy rage and ways that it can be overcome.
Dr. Ashurina Ream, PMH-C is a licensed clinical psychologist with advanced training in maternal mental health. Her passion for maternal mental health arose after becoming a mother herself. In addition to this specialty, Dr. Ream has trained in various disciplines as it pertains to the field of psychology. She has worked with those struggling with body image, eating disorders, parenting, health-related mood impairment, cognitive functioning, and general mental health. Dr. Ream is a wife, mother, and friend. She enjoys being connected with others, finding the humor in life, and advocating for those who struggle to find their voice.
Today, Ashurina joins me to discuss mommy rage and where it comes from. We explore whether it is common, whether it is a symptom of something deeper and whether it is something that can be overcome.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- About Dr. Ashurina Ream and how she came to specialize in maternal mental health
- Whether mommy rage is common
- Why mothers experience it
- What is normal amount of anger vs. unusual amount of rage
- Ways to cope and manage it
CONNECT WITH ERICA
- Erica | Happy as a Mother Website
- Happy as a Mother on IG
- Happy as a Mother on FB
- Happy as a Mother on Pinterest
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH DR. ASHURINA
- Your local college/university wellness centre