With Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist Jeanice Mitchell
Is it normal to pee a little when you laugh, cough or run? Is urine incontinence during pregnancy and postpartum normal? And if so, how long should it last? Pelvic floor physiotherapist Jeanice Mitchell of My Pelvic Floor Muscles is on the show today to answer all of these questions and so much more!
Jeanice founded Integrity Rehab, a Medicare certified outpatient rehab agency with 5 Texas locations in 2001 and founded myPFM, a non-profit pelvic health public service campaign in 2018. She obtained her board certification in biofeedback for pelvic floor muscle dysfunction in 2010. She also obtained her ABPTS advanced practice certification in women’s health in 2018. She is also proudly serving as a newly elected member of the 2020 nominating committee for the APTA Section on Women’s Health.
I never dreamed I could find someone who could make pelvic health fun and entertaining, until I spoke with Jeanice! Her passion for her field is infectious and her knowledge is evident! She provides so many amazing takes aways in this interview.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- About Jeanice and how she got into Pelvic Floor Physio
- The anatomy and function of your pelvic floor
- What is pelvic therapy and how does it help incontinence
- Whether incontinence is common after childbirth
- When should it resolve and what is considered normal vs abnormal
- Treatment options and strategies to try at home
CONNECT WITH ERICA
- Erica | Happy as a Mother Website
- Happy as a Mother on IG
- Happy as a Mother on FB
- Happy as a Mother on Pinterest
- Email email@example.com