With Marriage and Family Therapist Dr. Cassidy Freitas
Intrusive thoughts are thoughts that seem to become stuck in the mind. They usually cause distress, as the nature of the thought may be upsetting. Up to as many of 50% of pregnant and postpartum women experience these thoughts, but due to their nature, many are too ashamed to talk about them. Join Marriage and Family therapist Dr. Cassidy Freitas and I as we dive deep into these thoughts and how to help improve them.
Dr. Cassidy Freitas @drcassidy is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice and adjunct professor at the University of San Diego. She specializes in working with peripartum individuals and couples from fertility to postpartum. Dr. Cassidy hosts the top-rated wellness podcast Holding Space @holdingspacepodcast and offers digital courses supporting couples who are preparing for postpartum or in the thick of it.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What intrusive thoughts are
- Where these thoughts come from
- Whether you get rid of these thoughts
- Whether we experience these thoughts outside of postpartum
- What amplifies these thoughts
- The things that help lessen these thoughts
CONNECT WITH ERICA
- Erica | Happy as a Mother Website
- Happy as a Mother on IG
- Happy as a Mother on FB
- Happy as a Mother on Pinterest
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org