with Dietitian Amanda Montalvo
When we hear the word hormone, we tend to think of estrogen and progesterone. Actually, there are many other hormones that each have a unique role to play. Stress, medication, supplements, the food we eat, and how our body reacts all have an effect on our hormones. In this episode, Amanda and I talk about the role hormones play in our body, how hormones are affected postpartum, and some basic ways to implement a good foundation for hormone balance.
Amanda Montalvo is a women’s health dietitian that helps women get to the root cause of hormone imbalances and have healthy menstrual cycles. Amanda started off her education in nutrition with the traditional route, but after dealing with her own health problems after getting off hormonal birth control she quickly realized the value of functional medicine. After healing her acne, balancing her hormones, and learning the value of her menstrual cycle, Amanda found her purpose—to help women create a body in balance and not settle for anything less.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Hormones role in our body
- The relationship between our hormones and food
- How your blood sugar affects your hormones
- Hormones during postpartum
- The role of stress on your hormones
CONNECT WITH ERICA
- Erica | Happy as a Mother Website
- Happy as a Mother on IG
- Happy as a Mother on FB
- Happy as a Mother on Pinterest
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org