Are you feeling sad or depressed? Do you feel more irritable or full of rage then normal? Do you feel like you are having difficulty bonding with your baby or other children? Do you feel anxious or panicky? Are you having upsetting thoughts that you can’t get out of your mind or thoughts that you might hurt yourself or baby?
Pregnancy and the time after the birth of a child are assumed to be among the happiest times in a woman’s life. Yet, as many as 15-20% of women will develop a mental illness during pregnancy or in the first year after childbirth, often feeling significantly distressed and unable to cope. Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders are more common than you would think. You are not alone, your symptoms are treatable and you can get better!
The adjustment to motherhood is unlike any other transition in a woman’s life. Even without a diagnosed mental illness women struggle to adjust, breastfeed, make decisions with confidence and find themselves again after being consumed with motherhood.
We are here to help!
MATERNAL MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Our Maternal mental health services for pregnant and postpartum women focus on:
- Adjustment to motherhood
- Emotions around breastfeeding or not being able to breastfeed
- Birth Trauma
- Feelings of shame or guilt
- Mommy rage, anger and irritability
- Feelings of sadness or despair
- Insomnia or sleep issues
- Struggling to bond with baby
- Constant worry or feeling like something bad will happen
- Intrusive repetitive disturbing thoughts
- Feeling the need to do certain tasks over and over to protect baby
- Increase or decrease in sleep or appetite
- Feelings of hopelessness or suicidal thoughts
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE FILL OUT OUR INTAKE FORM
Please note that you will be redirected to a form that takes about 20-30 mins to complete, but it can be saved and returned to at any time.
TELETHERAPY IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You are in crisis. Please call 911 or go to your local emergency room.
- You are looking for a formal psychological assessment and diagnosis.